Our Commitment to Sustainability
Filmetrics is committed to environmentally sustainable business practices. Here are a few examples of recent changes that we have made:
- We installed an 8kW solar photovoltaic system on our San Diego operations building May 2011.
- We switched to recyclable Korrvu packaging material for the majority of our products in 2010.
- We have switched to laptops and energy-efficient desktop computers wherever possible.
- We re-ducted our headquarters' server-room exhaust to route warm air to the office space in winter.
- We're continuing our switch to environmentally-friendly product materials. (For example, extruded ABS requires less energy to produce than aluminum. It is also lighter, resulting in decreased shipping weight.)
- We offer an industry-exclusive Green discount for customers in Europe, when remote online demonstrations can be substituted for the traditional pre-sales visit.
- After auditing standby power draws, we placed many office items on 24/7 timers (printers, battery chargers, coffee makers…)
We'd love to hear other ideas that you might have!
Contact Us Now
Learn about the importance of thin films with our animated short film, or see how easy it is to set up and use a Filmetrics system.More…