Our Commitment to Sustainability
Filmetrics is committed to environmentally-sustainable business practices.
Here are a few examples of recent changes that we've made:
- We installed 20.5kW of PV solar capacity on our San Diego headquarters building, which consists of an 8kW Solyndra PV System and a 12.5kW Solarworld PV System. (View the Solarworld system’s output here.)
Other improvements to our HQ building include:
- Installation of a Level 2 electric-vehicle charger, which is available to the public at no cost.
- Dimmable LED lighting throughout, with a Daylight Harvesting system currently being developed.
- Enclosed bicycle lockers for our employees who bike to work.
- After auditing standby power draws, we placed many office items on 24/7 timers (printers, battery chargers, coffee makers…)
- We have switched to recyclable Korrvu packaging material for the majority of our products.
- We have switched to laptops and energy-efficient desktop computers wherever possible.
- We're continuing our switch to more-environmentally-friendly product materials. (For example, extruded ABS requires less energy to produce than aluminum. It is also lighter, resulting in decreased shipping weight.)
- We offer an industry-exclusive Green discount for customers in Europe, when remote online demonstrations can be substituted for the traditional pre-sales visit.
We'd love to hear other ideas that you might have!
Contact Us Now
Learn about the importance of thin films with our animated short film, or see how easy it is to set up and use a Filmetrics system.More…